Government Subsidies

There are two main forms of government subsidy to assist parents with the costs of child care. You may choose to have any payment for which you are eligible paid directly to your child care service, thus reducing your out of pocket expenses during the year.

Child Care Benefit (CCB)

CCB helps you with the cost of child care for long day care, family day care, occasional care, outside school hours care, vacation care and registered care.

The basic eligibilty requirements are that you:

  • Use approved or registered child care
  • Are responsible for paying the child care fees
  • Have immunised your child

For more information about CCB, including eligibility, payment rates and special arrangements visit Centrelink

Child Care Rebate (CCR)

CCR assists parents or guardians with out-of-pocket expenses for approved child care if you are working, training or studying.
It covers 50% of out of pocket child care expenses, up to a maximum amount per child per year, in addition to any amount received from Child Care Benefit and Jobs, Education and Training (JET) Child Care Fee Assistance.

The basic eligibilty requirements are that you:

  • Use a Child Care Benefit approved child care service
  • Are eligible for Child Care Benefit for approved care, even if you earn too much to receive payment, and
  • And your partner meet the Work, Training, Study test or are exempt from it

For more information about CCR visit Centrelink

Inclusion Support Subsidy (ISS)

The ISS is funded by the Australian Government under the Inclusion and Professional Support Program. The ISS assists eligible early childhood education and care (ECEC) services to include children with ongoing high support needs in environments with typically developing peers. 

Children with demonstrated ongoing high support needs are children:

  • With assessed/diagnosed disability
  • Who are undergoing continuing assessment of disability
  • From a refugee or humanitarian intervention background.

If you believe your child may attract ISS funding, please speak to your child care service. For more information visit the Department of Education and Training



  • GuildInsurancelogo 
  • Bankwest for Business
  • Child Care Super
  • McArthur Best People Fit
  • TriNature-02